Thank you for being a part of the National Association of Clean Water Agencies’ (NACWA) online community. We encourage your participation and offer opportunities for engagement on The Water Voice blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube and on the Association’s internal platform, Engage. All of these platforms are great tools to get the advice of and learn from peers, engage with NACWA, and participate in ongoing conversations. To ensure the best possible experience for all, NACWA has established this Online Community Policy (Policy) to govern participation.
By participating in any of these social platforms, you are agreeing that you have read and will follow this Policy. Your participation is welcomed and encouraged on these sites. NACWA, however, reserves the right to delete posts or terminate access for users who violate this policy in any way.
- Be clear who you are and who you work for when posting on any platform. Transparency is essential to gain trust in online relationships.
- Do not attack others. The discussions on these platforms are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention or confrontation.
- Do not post commercial or promotional messages.
- Do not post spam or questionable content. Comments should be relevant to the post topic.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Use caution when discussing people, products, and other organizations. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not post anything that you would not want everyone to see.
- Send your message to the most appropriate platforms rather than to several.
NACWA provides these social media pages, accounts, and sites as a service. The Association is not responsible for the opinions or information posted on these sites by others. NACWA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by NACWA or a third party. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NACWA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from comments posted on these sites, including loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted.
By posting material, the poster grants to NACWA and the members of this community the nonexclusive, worldwide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Although NACWA does not actively monitor these sites for inappropriate postings, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to NACWA's attention, the Association will take all appropriate action, including removal of the offending posts and banning the poster from future online participation.
NACWA reserves the right to delete posts or terminate access for users who violate this Policy at any time and at NACWA’s sole discretion. This Policy is subject to change at any time.
If you have questions about this Policy, contact NACWA at email@example.com.